Everyone loves a clean house with that wonderfully fresh smell in each room. A clean house just feels luxurious. Of course, the actual cleaning part is not a job that is high on most peoples’ fun-things-to-do list. As simple as it sounds, the secret is just to get started. But we all know that’s easier said than done.
So to help provide a little motivation and prevent distractions from getting in the way, we’ve put together a household cleaning checklist that will make it easier for you to get your home sparkling in no time.
- To prevent feeling overwhelmed by the task at hand, break the job into smaller chunks and decide where you want to spend your time. For instance, maybe start by picking up in the family/living room followed by a quick vacuum. The very act of just removing major clutter will make the rest of the cleaning much easier.
- Cleaning shouldn’t be a chore you take on yourself. Cleaning is an important part of your living environment, so enlist the help of your spouse and children. By delegating tasks, you can attack the job from more directions at once, which is not only more efficient, but it helps get the job done faster.
- More than likely, the majority of your household-cleaning checklist will focus on the kitchen and bathrooms. To help remove ways in which you might get distracted, make sure to gather all the cleaning supplies you’ll need beforehand. That includes rags, paper towels, sponges, broom, mop, vacuum and the right cleaners such as Soft Scrub with Bleach Cleanser (which kills 99.9% of household germs*), Soft Scrub Total All Purpose Bath and Kitchen Cleanser, Soft Scrub Mold & Mildew Stain Remover Spray and Soft Scrub 4-in-1 Toilet Care rim hanger.
- Whether in the kitchen or bathroom, a good cleaning strategy is to clean from the top downward. In the bathroom for instance, begin by dusting the light fixtures, and then move downward cleaning the mirrors, then the sinks, toilet bowl and finally the floor. This way, anything that didn’t get picked up initially ends up on the floor where it will be swept, vacuumed or mopped up.
- The bathroom is always high one everyone’s household cleaning checklist. So be sure to use Soft Scrub’s Mold & Mildew Stain Remover Spray. It penetrates tricky stains on tile, grout, showers, and tubs without harsh fumes. Use it to clean mildew stains on shower curtains or hard-to-clean soap scum on glass shower doors. Just spray and rinse. Lastly, apply Soft Scrub Bleach Cleanser Gel around the walls of your tub and gently wipe with a sponge from top to bottom.
- The next area on your household-cleaning checklist will be the kitchen. Use Soft Scrub Advanced Surface Gel or Soft Scrub Total All Bath and Kitchen Cleanser to wipe countertops radiantly clean. And for preventing troublesome stains after each meal do a quick cleanup using Soft Scrub Advanced Surface Gel directly on the surface and wipe clean.
- If you’re doing a deep cleaning, use this opportunity to discard items that have either expired or are just taking up space. Kitchen cabinets and bathroom medicine chests are notorious for containing things that are no longer unnecessary and long forgotten.
- Another handy tip is to store all your cleaning supplies together. When your cleaning supplies are kept together, it makes getting started easier because you won’t waste time hunting for cleaning supplies. Of course, be cautious about storing dangerous chemicals where children or pets can reach them.
*Allow Soft Scrub to sit on surface for 3 minutes before wiping
This product is Orthodox Union-certified Kosher Ⓤ