The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) indicates that the best way to stop the flu is to get a flu vaccine every season. Other methods to prevent the spread of the flu include developing good health habits and regularly cleaning and disinfecting surfaces in your home with a powerful disinfectant, such as Soft Scrub with Bleach Cleanser. Follow these tips to help stop the flu from spreading:
- Avoid close contact. If you get the flu, try to keep a safe distance from others. Likewise, avoid close contact with others who may be sick.
- Stay home. If possible, don’t go to work or school when you are sick to help prevent spreading your illness to others.
- Cover your mouth and nose. Experts say that flu viruses spread through droplets in coughs and sneezes from people with the flu, so always cover your mouth and nose with a tissue if you are sick.
- Clean your hands. Frequently washing your hands can help protect you from germs.
- Avoid touching your nose, eyes, or mouth. Germs are usually spread when you handle something with bacteria and then touch your mouth, eyes, or nose.
Cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting surfaces that are contaminated with flu germs can help slow the spread of influenza. Tackling flu season requires ramping up your cleaning routine because bacteria can live in seemingly clean areas.
Cleaning and Disinfecting Surfaces in Your Home
If you or a family member gets the flu, you’ll want to take action to disinfect your home and prevent the spread of flu germs fast. Flu viruses can live on surfaces up to three hours, so it’s important to target them with a powerful disinfectant.
An important place to start is to make sure you have home cleaning products that disinfect on contact. Keeping your home germ-free and your family healthy go hand-in-hand, so make sure you’re using a product that is strong enough to kill germs.
- Use disposable paper towels. Wipe down all the surfaces with a disinfectant. Use only disposable cleaning tools while there are sick people at home.
- Disinfect the bathroom sink. Clean the bowl, faucet, and knobs with a disinfectant daily. Soft Scrub with Bleach Cleanser is an ideal disinfectant for thoroughly cleaning bathrooms and kills 99.9% of germs.*
- Sanitize common offenders. Items such as the TV remote, gaming controls, cell phones, and computer keyboards should be disinfected after anyone in the home has had the flu.
Healthy habits can help everyone from getting germs or spreading germs at work, home, and school. Ramp up your protection this flu season with a little help from Soft Scrub with Bleach Cleanser.
*Leave product on surface for 3 minutes.